Brighton Artists Open Houses

Varied and eclectic Artists Open Houses in Brighton.

I only managed to do one weekend of houses this year but packed them in! There was the usual wonderful mix of pictures, ceramics, jewellery, textiles, basically you name it it was there! I manage to contain my purchases to a croquet hoot necklace, some cards and a small oil painting of a seascape.

A highlight was John Constable’s studio which I’d learnt earlier in the day was now lived in by an artist so it was great to see it. As ever I loved the basement in Brunswick Square which was packed with lots of tempting things.

A thank you goes out to Francesa McLeod for the invitation to her private view and drinks. Francesca painted the portrait I use as my blog profile picture. She’d done some lovely new work and I particularly liked seeing her pictures based on a cage of stuffed birds alongside the real cage.

Closed on 29 May 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1