Pangaea: New Art from Africa and Latin America

Interesting exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery looking at contemporary art form Africa and Latin America.

Who can resist a room being taken over by giants ants! I’ll admit it found it hard to stay in the room and the effect was creepy but close up the ants by Rafael Gomezbarros were quite sweet! I also liked a ball of bricks by Fredy Alzate.

I wasn’t convinced by Oscar Murillo’s piles of rubbish with no titles. I found them just a bit lazy, give them a title and give me a clue what they are about! Similarly liked Dillon Marsh’s photographs of bushes on telegraph poles, but tell me more. Are they a natural phenomenon or has he made them?

Reviews
Independent
Evening Standard

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1