Ksenia Pasyura :Metamorphosing the Body into Unfamiliar Flesh

Strange exhibition at Nahmad Projects of new work by Ksenia Pasyura.

I say strange as they were paintings of rather surreal figures with exaggerated features and limbs which are evidently meant to lead you to question conventional ideas of beauty and identity. I liked the colour and vibrancy but they were not to my taste.

However I am reading "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" at the moment which has a character with abnormally large thumbs so they did have a certain resonance for me at the moment. 

This was another new gallery to me. There seems to be a rash of them at the moment.

Closed 24 November 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1