This Exhibition is a WORK EVENT!: The Tale of Boris Johnson

Frightening exhibition at the Cartoon Museum of satire and cartoons of Boris Johnson and events in the UK from 2019-2022.

I say frightening because, although I laughed out loud a lot in the show, the fact we actually lived through these events and live with the consequences now is frightening.

The section of Covid was the most funny and poignant. The whole show was slightly dominated by the sound from an animated cartoon of Boris’s “I don’t wash my hands speech” in which he gradually turns into a skeleton. I’ve added a couple of my favourites here.

The show also covered Ukraine, Brexit and his fall from office. There were examples from all the main cartoonists and newspapers and most were shown in the original drawings. It was nice to see that a lot of the work had been donated to the museum.

Closes 16 April 2023


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1