Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair 2021

Eclectic fair at Woolwich Works of prints by contemporary artists.

Pictures were shown in a mix of spaces for individual galleries and larger spaces for works curated from across the show. This gave you a chance to see an overview of work as well as delving into more pieces by particular artists.

Sadly I didn’t manage to make notes and, as I am a bit behind with blogging, I don’t remember what I saw that well! Sorry! I do remember there being a lot of work based on maps, either reproducing them or printing on top like the one shown here. Annoyingly I can’t find it on the website so I don’t know who the artist is.

Shout outs go to Rachel Clewlows for her imaginative alternative colour charts and Pag Morris’s exquisite pictures of deserted interiors. I also like the art historic approach of John Angus, reducing annunciation pictures to their basic forms, and Toby Holmes, with his reworking of Rococo portraits with sweet wrappers for their outfits.

Closed 14 November 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1