Apollo Awards 2021

Fun online award ceremony from Apollo Magazine.

I’d not done an online awards before so thought I’d give it a go and enjoyed it. I poured myself a glass of wine and pretended I had dressed up! They were introduced by Fatema Ahmed, the acting editor of the magazine, with the usual listing of the short-listed entries and interviews with he winners. I was pleased how many of the short-listers I had heard speak recently or visited over the past year.

So the winners were :

Exhibition of the Year – Alice Neel: People Come First at the Metropolitan Museum. OK I’d not seen it but I had read a lot about it and would love to have gone.

Museum Opening of the Year – Musee Carnavelet, Paris I’d not heard of this. It looks are the history of Paris and is in a refurbished Renaissance mansion so it’s now on my list of things to do.

Book of the Year – Painting in Stone  by Fabio Barry. I listened to him in an online discussion the other week.

Digital Innovation of the Year – NFTs enough said!

Acquisition of the Year – Gift to Pallant House Gallery by M.J. Long and Colin St. John which I saw and wondered about back at the end of the summer.

Artist of the Year – Kehinde Wiley who’d I’d heard of then and have seen his work since.

Personality of the Year – David Chipperfield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1