Tate Britain Winter Commission: Anne Hardy


Weird installation at Tate Britain by Anne Hardy.

Each year Tate Britain commissions a winter installation for the front steps on the gallery.  This years’ by Anne Hardy didn’t work that well in daylight. It may look more impressive at night but I’ve not managed to pass that way at the right time.

The website says is is “a marooned temple in an exploration of the natural rhythms of the earth, tides, and the winter solstice.” But I’m afraid I didn’t get any of that. I assumed it was about climate change but it just looked like someone had unrolled toilet paper down the steps and recreated pools of water at the top. There was a sound track running but it was very quiet and again I didn’t really understand it.

Sorry looks like this was lost on me this year!

Closes 26 January

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1