Handmade in Britain

Wonderful exhibition at Kew Gardens of high end contemporary craft one of a series of ‘Handmade’ exhibitions around the UK.

I had been given a ticket by my friend Richard Shock, the only wood turner I spotted in the show. It was nice to catch up with him briefly between sales! I hope it went well for him.

There were lots of lovely yummy things and I could have spent a fortune! I think jewellery and ceramics were the stars of the show and I loved Jonathon Pearce’s smooth tactile furniture. However my purchase of the day was a lovely paperweight from glass worker Thomas Petit. It is so nice to chat to the crafts person when you buy their work and hear more about it.

Closed on 15 October 2017 but coming to Oxford 18-20 May 2018.

 

Comments

Katherine said…
Cathy

Thanks for the review - it was good to see you there. It was a good show to be in and successful for me - as was Handmade Edinburgh two weeks later. I'm minded to take part in both shows again next year. However, though it's on our dorrstep, I will not be in Handmade Oxford as, having had a rest this year, we will be opening for Oxfordshire Artweeks in 2018 (same weekend); we will be five exhibitors in this house next year.

All the best

Richard

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1