Star Wars Identities

Fun exhibition at the O2 using costumes, props and art works from the Star Wars films to explore the idea of where our identity comes from.

The identity bit was fun as you go round with a clever bracelet on and making choices and recording the answers which then creates a character for you at the end. I went round being fairly true to how I am an felt quite pleased with the outcome. If it hadn’t been so expensive it would have been fun to go round as an evil character to see what happened! There were interesting videos at each stage looking at nature, nurture, place values etc as elements which help to make up our personalities.

However it has to be said most people, including me, were there to see the artefacts. The identity idea gave the show a good narrative but a storm trooper uniform is exciting whatever the context! I think the costumes were my favourite things and It was exciting to see the famous Princess Leia bikini. There was a good mix form the old and new films so I also liked a selection of Padmé outfits. I also liked the room of various Jedi outfits.

I was fascinated to see some of the original art work and to see how ideas developed. I can’t imagine a Jabba the Hutt with legs and some of the early ideas for  Yoda had him as what looked like a garden gnome!

Closed on 2 September 2017


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1