Fashioning Winter

Fun exhibition scattered around Somerset House looking at fashion trends in cold climates in the 20th century.

There were nine displays in all each curated by a different person. There was a display of skiing accessories over the years and one of fashion illustrations from the Courtauld’s collection of fashion journals. I loved the films of people skating although they were shown on quite a small screen.

My favourite was an installation on the Stamp Stair which looked at the use and meaning of the colour white in Western history. I’m not sure I understood that when I looked at it but it used the space really well and had floating, almost angel like figures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1