Breaking the Ice: Moscow Art, 1960-80s

Interesting exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery looking at the art which came out of the Moscow underground from about 1960 to 1990.

I would have liked more explanation with these works as my Russian history was not good enough to put the works in context. Also I didn’t understand some of the section heading such an analytical art. I think this would have helped me appreciate the works more.

I liked the super real large paintings near the end by Vitaly Komar and Alexander Lemamid such as the Stalin in front of a mirror. Also the works by Illya Kabakov with rosettes of the colours used in the picture stuck on to them.
 
Reviews
Evening Standard

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1