Courtauld Summer School Day 1

Just done day one of a Courtauld Summer School on Early Netherlandish art. I thoroughly recommend these. I did a Spring school last year on Saints and Sanctity and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see people I'd met at the previous course and to meet new people.

Today we've had good general introduction looking at why a lot of this work has disappeared and what the workshop set up was like.

The afternoon was spent in the conservation department where we got a chance to mix and use paints and pigments of the time. Fascinating to use contemporary materials and see how a different pigment can affect the feel as well as the colour of the paint. Quite proud of my small rather cross eyed virgin but I think I'll stick to the day job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1