Building in stone at the boundaries of the Latin Church c950-1250

Second plenary lecture for the Courtauld Summer School given by Professor Eric Fernie who is a previous director of the Courtauld and architectural historian.

It traced the geographical boundaries of the Latin Church in this period and how external factors influenced the architecture on the North. South, East and West edges.

Must admit after a week of the school I found this possibly one lecture too far. I think it is something which might be quite interesting to go back and read at a later date. As I was tired I was getting my Eastern and Western influences a bit muddled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1