Exhibition Talk: Cezanne

Useful lecture at Tate Modern introducing the Cezanne exhibition.

I’d already done the show but was going again with a friend who was upsold the exhibition ticket with added talk so I thought I’d go with it to. It was given by a gallery volunteer called Roy who said he was also an art historian. It would have been interesting to know a bit more about him. It was a nice touch that he came round saying hello to the audience as we sat waiting.

I gather from what he said he’d written the talk himself and I liked the structure of outlining the events in Cezanne’s like in each decade then looking at the paintings in the show and a few extras to tell the story.

He implied that the relationship with Zola might have been more than I’d read into it when I visited the show the first time so that gave me something new to think about as I then went round again. He also explained ‘constructive brushstrokes’ which led me to look more closely at the techniques used. 

Selected dates until 10 March 2023

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1