Black in Full Colour

Interesting small exhibition at Woolwich Works by The Collective Makers to celebrate black heritage and culture.

This is a new venue near me and this was it’s first art show. It was rather a large space for showing art and could have taken much larger pieces but the works looked good and it was nice to see people who were using the cafĂ© and coming to an event checking out the works. 

I would like to have seen labels on the work. Instead they relied on QR codes taking you to the information but I find this quite awkward to navigate. I also find the website quite cumbersome now I come to write the show up as I need to look up each artist to remember which stood out for me.

I liked some sculpture in the form of brightly coloured clenched fists down the centre of the room and the attached was my favourite piece but sorry I can’t work out who it was by.

Closes 31 October 2021

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1