Fauvism

Colourful three week course from the London Art History Society on Fauvism.

Led by Jacqueline Cockburn week one of these hour long sessions looked at the precursors to the movement Seurat and Signac and their philosophy of colour. Week 2 focused on the 1905 exhibition which coined the term Fauvism as well as looking at all the main artists and the reasons who the movement only ran till 1907.

Sadly I missed the third week which focused on Matisse as I had to head back to stay with my bubble as tier 3 was announced for London. Unfortunately London Art History Society don’t record their courses so I was unable to catch up.

These talks were illustrated by beautiful pictures. I hadn’t realised how short a period this movement covered and how many of their pictures were some of my favourites from the Courtauld Gallery. As ever I want to know more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1