Tusk Rhino Trail


Colourful sculpture trail around London using a model of a rhino as the base.

These trails seem to be becoming an annual event in London and following on from the original Cow Parade this year we had rhino’s to raise awareness of the illegal trafficking of their horns. I only managed to do clumps, one around Trafalgar Square and one around St Paul’s. I think I missed one very close to work!

I saw Gavin Turk’s which was a slightly boring looking mock bronze rhino, an interesting take on his body of work but not very jolly. Eileen Cooper’s was a white rhino with a couple painted on it’s back. I liked David Mach’s take on “Day of the Dead” and Chang Huan’s colourful piece near the Millennium Bridge.

Closed on 30 September 2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1