One Two Three Swing!

Striking installation at in the Turbine Hall of Tate Modern by Danish collective Superflex.

The installation consists of an orange metal frame which twists in and out of the space including the courtyard outside and the bridge across the space. On the ground floor the frame has triple seated swings hanging from it. I’ve no idea what it means but it is fun. I’ve only been there on my own so haven’t been brave enough to try it out buy I’ll keep going back.

There is also a bright striped carpet leading up the slope towards the exit which is in the colours of British bank notes over which hangs a spherical pendulum which swings with the movement of the earth. I took it to be a commentary on whether gravity or the economy pulls us down but I might be making that up!

Closes on 2 April 2018

Reviews
Times
Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1