Music Hall: Sickert and the Three Graces


Interesting exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum taking Sickert’s “Gallery of the Old Bedford” to explore 20th century music hall.

I would have liked to see more artefacts with the painting, in fact I almost felt I was missing some if it. However the best this was a wonderful installation in the gallery showing the picture. It was a 20 minute play projected on screens around you to give different views of what was happening. It was about a retired music hall singer moving into an old folk’s home and reflecting on her life through her possessions. It was very touching. Unfortunately I didn’t note down who had done it and the web site doesn’t tell me. I’d love to know more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1