Collier Campbell

Lovely exhibition at the National Theatre showcasing the work of fabric designing sisters Susan Collier and Sarah Campbell.

I would have said I had not heard of this company however as I looked round I realised how many of the designs were familiar and in fact might be covering my sofa!

The exhibition features big design boards covering each of the 5 decades the company had been operating. There was also a wall of design sketches for sale. I admit I weakened and bought one! I wanted one called simple flowers but have had a phone call to say it has already gone so instead I’ve gone for a more simple one called ‘Damask’.

Comments

Anonymous said…
just wondered how much the sketches are going for? i love their designs but live out of town and wondered if its worth a trip

dotty
Cathy Linacre said…
The prices were mixed from about £100 to £1000 however I ws back at the National Theatre the other night and noticed that most of the pictures had sold.

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1