Picasso : Challenging the past

Great exhibition at the National Gallery investigating how Picasso was influenced and reacted to the works of other artists.

I always find with Picasso that I don’t find many of the individual images beautiful but I love the dialogue he is having with himself. I don’t feel they are images for public consumption but a genuine artistic need to express himself and pursue ideas.

The tape tour was on PDA’s so that you could see the images that he was influenced by and it made you slow down and really think about the images.

My favorites images were the more conventional ones such as a self portrait called “Yo” showing Picasso as a brooding young man, the wonderful brown portrait of his first wife Olga and a blue cubist seated nude.

Reviews
Times
Daily Telegraph
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1