Summer Exhibition

Annual exhibition of new works at the Royal Academy .

In fact I attended the sponsor’s evening on the Monday before the show opened so the exhibition was somewhat incidental to the champagne drinking. I was invited by a financial journalist friend so he bumped in to a lot of people he knew.

However there was time to look at the art and as ever I loved the two Weston Rooms. Lots of yummy things in there and some were even affordable although I didn’t succumb! My favourite picture was a Ben Levine landscape in the last room which grabbed me from across the room. It fit in so well in my lounge!

Best moment though was the site of people photographing the display of mini cup cakes which were a stunning work of art in its own right!

Reviews
Times
Daily Telegraph
Independent
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1