Fourth Plinth

Exhibition at the National Gallery of the latest entries for art works for the spare plinth in Trafalgar Square.

The shortlist includes six well-known artists, all of whom live and work in London, Jeremy Deller, Tracey Emin, Anthony Gormley, Anish Kapoor, Yinka Shonibare and Bob & Roberta Smith.

There are some really great ideas but my vote went to Shonibare’s model of the Victory as a ship in a bottle complete with batik sales. I thought this had a stunning look and was rather a witty touch for the square. Having said that I think I’d be happy with any of them except Tracey Emin meerkats which I thought would be too small.

Fourth plinth website


Pictures
Guardian

Reviews
Times
Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1